The London Employment Monitor registered a 33% month-on-month drop in the number of jobs available in June 12 across the city’s financial services sector, falling from 3,915 down to 2,630 – the lowest number of vacancies in the City’s jobs market since December 10. Compared to the same time last year, the number of newly available positions has dropped by 53% from 5,544 down to 2,630.
- The latest London Employment Monitor registered a 33% decrease in the number of financial services jobs newly available in the market from May 12 to June 12
- Compared to June 11, this was a decrease of 53% in the number of roles coming onto the market
- The number of professionals starting the search for a new position declined by 3% month-on-month
- Compared to the same time last year, this was a 60% drop in the number of people entering the jobs market
- The average salary for those securing new jobs in June 12 dropped by a negligible 1% month-on-month and by 4% from June 11.