Monster Employment Index U.S. Rises 11% on Annual Basis.
- Monster Employment Index U.S. shows annual growth of 11 percent in February
- Index rises 8 percent on monthly basis in line with regular seasonal patterns observed for the month of February
- Commerce activity continues to rise with transportation and warehousing, retail and wholesale trade recording solid growth trends
- Public administration remains the weakest trending sector and the only industry to register negative annual growth
- All metro markets tracked by the Index continue to exhibit positive annual growth with markets on the East coast demonstrating generally stable or improved long-term growth trends.
The Monster Employment Index U.S. is a monthly gauge of U.S. online job posting activity based on a real-time review of millions of employer job opportunities culled from a large representative selection of career Web sites and online job listings. The Index does not reflect the trend of any one advertiser or source, but is an aggregate measure of the change in job listings across the industry.